[AusNOG] SAN - NetApp vs EMC vs EqualLogic (kinda off topic)

Jay Mitchell jay at miscreant.org
Thu Jul 15 19:59:57 EST 2010

Dell own EqualLogic, hence their ability to aggressively price ;)

I'm running several EMC Clariions which have been rock solid, but they're
running pure FC.

I've just purchased an EqualLogic PS6000X for a branch office, on paper they
look solid and you get pretty good bang for your buck feature wise. I can't
comment personally on performance yet as I haven't taken delivery, but
looking forward to getting my hands dirty :) There's also a 10gE option now.

--jay