[AusNOG] Top 10 IT Certifications (Networking Field)

Ryan Benson mail at ryanbenson.net
Tue Jul 13 18:51:38 EST 2010

I'd agree, it very much depends on what path you are trying to take.
Obviously a CCIE is better to have than a CCNA, but you have to start
off with a CCNA and work up, hopefully in a Cisco work environment and
not straight from the book.

Maybe its a good idea to try and second guess the market, for example
you dont want to do what everyone else is doing to find out there is
no longer a supply for Cert X? I dont really know on this one though.

What Certs do you currently hold and what path do you want to go down,
Microsoft, Unix, Cisco, Juniper etc etc...?

Regards.