[AusNOG] Australian Censorship program to go ahead - Gillard supports a the great firewall

Julien Goodwin ausnog at studio442.com.au
Thu Jul 8 19:24:36 EST 2010

On 08/07/10 18:01, Narelle wrote:
> There is now an extra couple of words on the inbound traveler
> declaration checklist that you fill out coming back in through
> immigration and quarantine. Where it says Are you carrying any illegal
> items such as firearms... pornography... you need to either declare it
> and face the consequences, or illegally import it and then face any
> consequences should it be found subsequently.

As someone who, in their day job, manages large-scale internet filters
for the education market (I'm still against the big one) this really
worries me. I use one laptop for everything, and that includes the
occasional tests of why some odd site or other got through the filters.
We also have some odd customers that seem to enjoy sending us word
documents full of screenshots of porn sites that got through.

How will they react when I say "I don't know if I have porn, my job
includes testing internet filters so it's highly likely"?