[AusNOG] Australian Censorship program to go ahead - Gillard supports a the great firewall

Narelle narellec at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 18:01:16 EST 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Pinkerton, Eric <
Eric.Pinkerton at team.telstra.com> wrote:

> If the gov't bans a film/book, and you go overseas, buy it and bring it
> back hidden in your luggage - are you therefore automatically free from
> prosecutuion because customs failed to find it?

There is now an extra couple of words on the inbound traveler declaration
checklist that you fill out coming back in through immigration and
quarantine. Where it says Are you carrying any illegal items such as
firearms... pornography... you need to either declare it and face the
consequences, or illegally import it and then face any consequences should
it be found subsequently.

Sorry can't recall the exact text to quote it but I did notice on my way
back in last.

and my answer was no, and it was truthful.

--

Narelle
narellec at gmail.com