[AusNOG] What are we , collectively, doing about the impending mandatatory censorship scheme?

Tim McCullagh technical at halenet.com.au
Thu Jul 8 14:02:18 EST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Mitchell" <me at shutupdave.com>

> According to The Age today:
>
> "The federal opposition is yet to formalise its position on the
> mandatory filter."

The national party federal conference a few weeks ago specifically
instructed their MPs and senators to oppose it.  It was all over the news
for 24 hours.  I just asked someone to confirm that was the case and the
person said yes that is correct.

The Liberals had a policy of supplying filter software for families in the
past and I wouldn't be surprised to see them do it again.

As for the greens they have said they oppose it to, however I wouldn't vote
for them if they were the only party left. Also a vote for them is a vote
for labor,  So while we have people saying they want to vote against the
filter and are going to vote for the greens then they are voting for labor
which supports the filter.  Odd.

regards Tim