[AusNOG] Australian Censorship program to go ahead - Gillard supports a the great firewall

Jacob Gardiner jgardiner at squiz.com.au
Thu Jul 8 11:28:18 EST 2010

Another thing to keep in mind is the fact that this blacklist of websites, will not be kept secret.

I would assume that support staff and network operators at ISP's would have some sort of access to this list, which I have no doubt will be constantly leaked and updated.

Doesn't the govt. realise that this will actually be counter-productive to their argument? Instead of blocking websites, they'll in turn be publicly giving the rest of the world (and everybody who can get around the filter) an all you can eat buffet of websites containing child porn and restricted content.

This will without a doubt, cause a sudden increase in this type of material being distributed in the exact same way it is now - Online.