[AusNOG] Australian Censorship program to go ahead - Gillard supports a the great firewall

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Thu Jul 8 10:16:45 EST 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 23:44 +1000, Skeeve Stevens wrote:

> No pain no gain though.... and with enough notice... I am sure that
> most customers would not have an issue... especially if many ISP’s did
> it.

What about a nicely written, short, to the point (no one wants to waste
time reading pages of stuff) email to all customers, pointing out
what the govt wants to do, and why it is wrong  and will not work (and
the point that any 10yo kid could get around it, let alone teenagers),
and it's likely affect upon their service and Internet experience,  and
the biggy, that it also sends a false sense of security to parents of
young kids, filters innocent pages (anyone forgotten about that
dentist...) and so on.

There are enough key players of some small to moderately sized SP's on
this list in a position to do something like this, but as Skeeve points
out, that most are just chest beaters (there are some exceptions - Hi
Mark :-> )