[AusNOG] What are we , collectively, doing about the impending mandatatory censorship scheme?

David Mitchell me at shutupdave.com
Thu Jul 8 09:32:25 EST 2010

On 8/07/2010 00:48, Matthew Moyle-Croft wrote:
> Senate seats might hurt them, but ask yourself this:
>
> What do you know about the Opposition's views on the filter?   If Labor
> lose will it mean scraping the idea or claiming it as their own to claim
> the same voting block?
>
> If the Opposition support it and so do Labor then the minorities are
> irrelevant in the Senate.

According to The Age today:

"The federal opposition is yet to formalise its position on the
mandatory filter."

http://www.theage.com.au/national/pm-vows-to-block-dark-side-of-net-20100707-100og.html

IIRC it was their idea in the first place, and Labor picked it up as a
"me-too" policy while they were in opposition.

- Dave