[AusNOG] Incorrect DNS setup

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Mon Jul 5 14:52:37 EST 2010

On Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 10:32:51AM +1000, Skeeve Stevens wrote:
> It isn't so much as 'incorrect' as convention and arbitrary.
>
> 'www' serves no purpose whatsoever...  and I am actually quite happy when i see a '<domain>.com.au' on a bus or advert with no 'www'.

You either specify www.domain.com.au or http://domain.com.au/.

Specifying only domain.com.au leaves you in the middle about the
protocols used.  (Yes, education of the masses went out of the door
when networking became hard. Let's browse seven.ninemsn.yahoo.com.au)

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis		Website: http://www.mavetju.org/
edwin at mavetju.org	Weblog:  http://www.mavetju.org/weblog/