[AusNOG] Incorrect DNS setup

Andrew Oskam percy at th3interw3bs.net
Mon Jul 5 10:31:28 EST 2010

I believe, and don't quote me on this, that it's simply due to missing
or incorrect A records.

If I am correct, I think it has something to do with load balancing.
Can't say for sure.

As for where www originated from? all I can say is that i think it was
all just to make things easier...technically I don't think www is really
a requirement as such but it makes it easy to quote people a
website..instead of people having to guess whether its a website or a
hostname for a mailserver.

Andrew Oskam

E  percy at th3interw3bs.net

NOTICE:

These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily
reflect the positions or opinions of my employer or their affiliates.
All comments are based upon my current knowledge and my own personal
experiences. You should conduct independent tests to verify the validity
of any statements made in this email before basing any decisions upon
those statements.