[AusNOG] conroy reaffirms commitment to filter

John Edwards john at netniche.com.au
Thu Jul 1 10:22:06 EST 2010

On 01/07/2010, at 8:51 AM, Curtis Bayne wrote:

> Do what we (SONET) do: actively refuse to carry pro-filter content on your network. If every one of us actively deny proponents to spread their FUD, they'll get irksome and start telling everybody that we're pedophiles. Outrage = airtime and I'll be happy to tell the Today Tonight reporter what's REALLY going on.

You're suggesting that we setup an alternative filtering regime demonstrating that not only is filtering is technically possible while saving the government millions in R&D costs and trials, but also sending the message that we're ok with filtering if the moral argument suits our own interests?

John