[AusNOG] conroy reaffirms commitment to filter

Andrew Fort afort at choqolat.org
Thu Jul 1 09:45:27 EST 2010

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 9:21 AM, Curtis Bayne <curtis at bayne.com.au> wrote:
> As I was going to say in my post that failed last night, the solution to
> this is easy: get political.
>
> Screw net neutrality - our policy of passive benevolence will not work here.

Here's one for the lurking lawyers to answer:

If I have an international transit contract that stipulates
"unfiltered traffic must be provided unless [the purchaser] requests
filtering to be performed for DDoS mitigation" or thereabouts, then
what is the means by which the government is allowed to breach my
provider's contract terms?   Is this a simple case of force majeure?

--
Andrew Fort (afort at choqolat.org)