[AusNOG] Less than 10% of IPv4 Addresses Remain Unallocated

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Mon Jan 25 22:11:10 EST 2010

On Sat, 2010-01-23 at 11:49 +1030, Matthew Moyle-Croft wrote:

> > Well, sorry if that offended anyone here, but it IS ludicrous to
> > even suggest such an action against end users simply because they
> > have NFI what ipv4 or 6 is, and any proposed extortion, is exactly
> > that, and any company who introduces such will be the loser, not the
> > end user, (wow never though I'd be sticking up for users :P)
> >

> Customers who don't know/don't care will just get a NAT'ed IP and
> never be the wiser.  My mum won't notice.

Exactly, and that covers 98% of them.

> > I'll put aside a nice bottle of JD black for it, but I still reckon
> > I wont be touching it till at least 2015.
> >

> So, you're just going to ignore the problem and hope you don't drown
> when scrabbling for a life boat?

Well, not really, it's not my decision, my current contract extends no
further than running mail and DNS (they are heavy on demarcation lines
too which means I get bored easily :P), but at the same time I wont be
grabbing my ipv6 lifeboat out the shed until 2015, I've had enough of
all these little men running around for 15 years crying " wolf"

Cheers
Happy Oz day folks

--
Kind Regards,