[AusNOG] Conroy announcement on filtering

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Mon Jan 4 19:04:13 EST 2010

On 04/01/2010, at 6:28 PM, Ben Grubb wrote:

> We all know how Conroy likes to use that word "legal" loosely.
> Let's assume he's using it in the sense of 'legal to view' or 'legal to sell'.
> The election promise would make sense then, right?

No, because RC is legal to view.  It's also legal to buy.

It's generally illegal to possess it with intent to distribute, to perform actual
distribution, or to sell;  But they aren't things you do with a web browser,
are they?

  - mark

--
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au (W)