[AusNOG] Lundy vs Conroy on the filter

Jeremy Visser jeremy at visser.name
Wed Feb 24 12:18:08 EST 2010

On 24/02/10 12:02, Darren Moss wrote:
> Now, we just need a list of the 18.5 million Australians who will be
> opting out ;)

Given that...

	“At the end of June 2009, there were 8.4 million active
	internet subscribers in Australia.”

	 — <http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/mf/8153.0/>

...that’s not quite possible. :)

But I get your point — that the majority will be opting out — and I
personally don’t think that will be happening.

If people actually cared about their privacy, then they wouldn’t be
running Windows, publishing their whole life online on Facebook, or
filling their systems with malware.

People will just accept what’s shoved in their faces.

The average non-technical member of the general public that is really
genuinely concerned about issues like this probably doesn’t even own a
computer in the first place (or an Internet connection).