[AusNOG] Network Monitoring Systems

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Tue Feb 9 21:31:14 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 12:09:49PM +0800, PRK wrote:
> G'day guys,
>
> I'm curious what people use for network monitoring, performance monitoring &
> graphing of large scale networks & systems.
>
> Open source / commercial / homegrown / hybrids thereof?
>
> Any experiences (for or against) different solutions that people are willing
> to share?

While I had still a network to manage, it was Nagios for monitoring
and alerting and Nagios for graphing (See
http://www.mavetju.org/networking/network-monitoring.php).

I wish I had known about a proper netflow collector and grapher as
the Cascade ones I have to support in my current job...

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis		Website: http://www.mavetju.org/
edwin at mavetju.org	Weblog:  http://www.mavetju.org/weblog/