[AusNOG] iiNet update

Nicholas Meredith nicholas at udhaonline.net
Thu Feb 4 15:58:17 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 8:51 AM, Bevan Slattery <
Bevan.Slattery at staff.pipenetworks.com> wrote:

> "copyright occured as result of use of BitTorrent, not the Internet"
> said Justice Cowdroy

I couldn't be happier for the sane ruling on this case, but this begs the
question, does this Judge have ANY idea at all what the Internet is? I'm
referring to the context of a home user who sees the World Wide Web as the
'Internet' and E-Mail and everything else as just E-Mail etc. The statement
above shows a lack of comprehension that all services are 'the Internet.'

Or are they breaking it down into OSI Layer2/3, where the Internet is
defined as IP connectivity, and not the application protocols that reside
above?

- Nicholas Meredith