[AusNOG] OT: Brisbane Storm. Gentlemen, start your engines..

Julien Goodwin jgoodwin at studio442.com.au
Thu Dec 16 23:50:35 EST 2010

On 16/12/10 17:26, craig at askings.com.au wrote:
>> Definitely get an ATS, or even better, a switch that can take optics (and
>> that has dual PSU's).
>>
>> (Media converters generally suck - especially their power supplies).
>
> Unfortunately most carrier NTUs are single powered. T-marc, hatteas, adva
> etc. At least in the form that usually delivered in anyway.

Actually the T-marc delivered recently to my employer from Nextgen was
dual powered (one internal, one line-lump external) and that was without
prompting so props to them (I'd personally have just rathered running LX
optics in my existing gear as others have suggested).

Hatteras do offer dual power supplies in some of their CPE, but as far
as I've seen that's not been used in Australia.

--
Julien Goodwin
Studio442