[AusNOG] OT: Brisbane Storm. Gentlemen, start your engines..

Tom Wright TWright at internode.com.au
Thu Dec 16 17:14:19 EST 2010

This is ultimately a rather silly idea:
  a) nobody would want you to do this because of increased fire risk
  b) you've just added another single point of failure
  c) you'd be wasting your allocated power
  d) it's unlikely that your low-grade UPS will have a better MTBF than those operated by the DC

Sure, nobody has 100% uptime, but most come very close.

If your gear is that critical to you, then you'd probably already be in
multiple geographic locations.

Buying a quality ATS is your best bet.  We have a plethora of them,
and I honestly can't remember ever having had one fail.

Better yet, buy devices with dual PSU's.