[AusNOG] Urgent - Pacnet NOC contact (with BGP clue)

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sun Dec 12 12:32:48 EST 2010

On Sun, 2010-12-12 at 10:30 +1100, Skeeve Stevens wrote:
> Scott,
>

> There are a variety of commercials and people/personalities involved
> here, but I’m not sure how much of it is relevant to the issue at
> point.  The facts are simple:

I'm with Skeeve on this one, when dealing with legalish matters, it's
best not to  put everything out there, I find it mostly irrelevant
myself.

> -         AINS started advertising Alumina’s ranges into the routing
> table in a bid to disrupt their multi-homed connectivity

This is where I feel it is illegal, even if only under the companies
act, fair trading, whatever...

Skeeve my suggestion, is a federal court injunction should be applied
for first thing tomorrow morning to force AINS to stop this wrongful and
miscreant act.

Yes AINS have a right to protect themselves, they have done so by
turning off Alumina, I find it outrageous that any company would act in
doing further, which is a deliberate act to harm.  PACNET should be held
accountable for their "we don't give a fark" attitude and named in the
injunction as well.

Lastly, I'd love to see what sort of court would uphold some ludicrous
clause in a contract that says they can do  what they are doing, and if
it is so in such a contract and the court upholds it, well, need I say
any more.

Noel