[AusNOG] pipe melb dc outage

Greg Lipschitz Greg at thesummitgroup.com.au
Fri Dec 10 11:22:34 EST 2010

Let’s get the facts straight here folks. Techs were not turned away.

We were advised that the VESDA system was currently in a state where it was not able to be disabled immediately and therefore, it was not safe to allow personnel in to the DC in the off chance that the VESDA system triggered.

The DC operators were working with the relevant Fire System company to ensure the VESDA system in the DC was prior to letting personnel back in to the DC.

DC Staff were extremely helpful and provided us with the information we needed in order to restore services in a timely manner whilst ensuring the safety of equipment and personnel.

When our team left the site, the site manager advised that the site was going to remain on Generator Power until such time that the Power Authority had satisfied him that it was safe to return mains power to the site.

Regards,

Greg Lipschitz
Director

Summit IT Management
A Division of The Summit Group (Australia) Pty Ltd
‘reach your peak’

Phone (Australia):    1300 049 749
Phone (US & Canada): (321) 216 3844
E-mail:      greg at thesummitgroup.com.au
Internet:   http://www.thesummitgroup.com.au/
Address:   P.O. Box 3225
                  Doncaster East,
                  Melbourne, Australia
                  3109
To see these services and more visit our website, http://www.thesummitgroup.com.au/

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be subject to legal or some other professional privilege.  They are intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s).  They must not be disclosed to any person without authorisation.  If you are not a named addressee you must not use, disclose, retain or reproduce all or any part of the information contained in this e-mail or any attachments.  If you have received this email by mistake please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete or destroy all copies of the email.  Any confidentiality, privilege or copyright is not waived or lost because this email has been sent to you by mistake. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to re-supplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of Summit IT Management.