[AusNOG] Juniper CX111 Failover for Cisco 870's

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Thu Dec 2 17:23:35 EST 2010

I haven't had got my hands on one of these yet, but I believe they will - the CX111 is an OEM from Cradlepoint (you can see the WiPipe logo on it here:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/hardware/junos-cx/cx111/cx111-quick-start/cx111-quick-start.pdf

and it looks more than a little similar to this:

http://www.cradlepoint.com/products/cba750-mobile-broadband-adapter-3g4g-ready

The JUNOS app note for configuration gives a few clues:

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/local/pdf/app-notes/3500184-en.pdf

you essentially set up your router's ethernet port up as a DHCP client (receiving an address and gateway from the carrier via the CX111), then you can use whatever fail-over detection method you want.

Cheers,

Ben