[AusNOG] NBN Legislation

Bevan Slattery Bevan.Slattery at nextdc.com
Wed Dec 1 13:04:27 EST 2010

I think at a technical layer they are indeed consulting really well with industry and are building a fantastic network.  I feel it is important to understand that probably everyone on the list really respects the technical aspects of what they're doing.  It is exciting and next-generational stuff.

But the NBN concept as it has evolved, the impact it is having on the competitive framework within the industry and the disgraceful lack of transparency (as was promised) is IMHO almost criminal.  Anyone from NBN Co. who is dealing with technical issues should have no concern posting to the list (and a few are subscribed in various ways).

My deep (almost grave) concerns are based around the commercial, structural and transparency matters around the NBN which maybe not be the direct issue for the list, but the structural impact has an indirect cause/effect to the industry.  NBN Co. are generally just delivering a political directive, but some of the recommendations in recent times (around the PoI) are very, very frustrating (to me:))

Cheers

[b]