[AusNOG] NBN: "i want a pony! but can I afford it"

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Sat Aug 14 20:50:19 EST 2010

On 14/08/2010, at 6:49 PM, Paul Brooks wrote:

My main concern is not actually the NBN access network portion. My main concern is that most of the smaller ISPs won't have engaged with NBNCo and set up wholesale access arrangements, and set up network backhaul links to the POIs as they are established,

Just like now a lot of smaller ISPs will purchase access to the last mile via aggregators.  A lot of people buy TW tails via Optus or buy Optus via yet another layer of aggregators.   I don't see this changing.   It'll come down to individual levels of sophistication and an evaluation of "build vs buy".    But I'm pretty sure that any ISP who has customers will find a way of keeping that customer.   Aggregators will also want to keep their slice of the pie so will help ISPs who use their services.

MMC