[AusNOG] Long live the NBN. The NBN is dead?! [personal]

John Lindsay JLindsay at internode.com.au
Wed Aug 11 15:59:50 EST 2010

Have you ever noticed how buses and trucks are made by companies like Mercedes Benz and Volvo?

Ever noticed that the engines on aircraft are made by Rolls Royce?

And in telco networks the infrastructure is manufactured by Ericsson, Cisco and Alcatel-Lucent.

Actually I _do_ want network infrastructure made by world class manufacturers.

It isn't a consumer product with a 24 month life cycle.  It has to last for 30 to 50 years without degrading noticeably.

jsl
--
John Lindsay - GM Regulatory and Corporate Affairs - Internode and Agile
Street: 150 Grenfell St, Adelaide