[AusNOG] Very Very OT RE: NBN Co Layer 2 vs. Layer 3 Services

Sean K. Finn sean.finn at ozservers.com.au
Tue Apr 27 13:13:57 EST 2010

> I was thinking more government multicast VOIP page sort of thing. If
> they wanted to advise the public at large of something, such as Conroy
> has seen the error of his ways and decided not to filter the internet
> or mainly that twitter feed FakeConroy because it is actually
> hilarious...

<SARCASM>
What an excellent idea!

Perhaps they could push one of the T-HUB's into every home, maybe add a webcam:
http://www.telstra.com.au/latest_offers/thub/index.html

And a 1984 can finally be realised!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four

Propoganda pushed straight to the home. National instant paging. Could you imagine the pranks? Could a dictator want for anything more?

Or perhaps recreate City-17 from the alternative reality from the Halflife universe, and have messages relayed to us dailyor hourly from
A figurehead like Dr Wallace Breen : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallace_Breen#Wallace_Breen

The possibilities are endless!

Instant national multicast propaganda service with content filtering added to boot! Add a webcam and you can quash dissenters immediately!

Talk about new world communism. Russia, Cuba, China should be taking notes here.

NBN should stand for the National Bolshevik Network.

</SARCASM>

Disclaimer: Please note, this post is intended for humour and artistic purposes only. This post is meant to serve only as a representation of the evils the combined technologies COULD be used for. I for one, welcome our new overlords.