[AusNOG] Quigley announces architectural "stake in the ground"

Mark A. Grinceri mark at skatt.com.au
Sun Sep 20 23:19:47 EST 2009

I'm surprised that NBN Co is thinking about using GPON which is ATM based rather than the ethernet based EPON. Yes you can have multiple VC's  on GPON but the lower equipment cost and lack of ATM cell tax coupled with now higher line rates of 10G EPON surely make this a better option. Anyone want to change my thinking?