[AusNOG] [ISOC-AU-mems] Quigley announces architectural "stakein the ground"

John Lindsay jlindsay at internode.com.au
Thu Sep 17 11:22:46 EST 2009

I should have made something else clear.

NBN Co's current Interconnection would be via Ethernet giving you
direct access via a vlan to each subscriber. You can run PPPoE or
layer 3 IPv4 or 6. They are working through how to make that work with
multicast. Multicast could end up with its own vlan.

L2TP will be offered as a legacy aggregation option.

The backhaul model is in the air but Quigley is aware that some access
seekers would prefer a fixed cost high bandwidth backhaul service.

Cheers,

jsl