[AusNOG] Internode goes Carbon Neutral

Jeremy Begg jeremy at vsm.com.au
Thu Nov 19 10:27:21 EST 2009

Hello Paul,

>Does anybody know what providers they are buying off currently? When my
>company researched costs of being carbon neutral our options were limited to
>buying partially green power and doing the rest with carbon credits because
>we couldn't find an energy provider that would offer the amount of juice we
>use as 100% carbon neutral.

Internode uses Carbon Planet for their credits and green energy.  Simon
Hackett was quoted in a recent issue of Carbon Planet's "Be the Change"
magazine as saying, "Through Carbon Planet, our data centre has 100% green
energy ..."  http://www.carbonplanet.com/newsletters/be_the_change_14.pdf
(page 9).

Disclaimer: my wife works for CP.

Regards,

        Jeremy Begg

  |            VSM Software Services Pty. Ltd.              |
  |                 http://www.vsm.com.au/                  |
  |       "OpenVMS Systems Management & Programming"        |
  | P.O.Box 402, Walkerville, |  E-Mail:  jeremy at vsm.com.au |
  | South Australia 5081      |   Phone:  +61 8 8221 5188   |
  |  A.C.N. 068 409 156       |     FAX:  +61 8 8221 7199   |