[AusNOG] Cisco 881 3G and Telstra NextG

David Hughes david at hughes.com.au
Wed Nov 18 13:09:49 EST 2009

Hey all,

I have sitting in front of me an 881 with a PCEX-3G-HSPA express card
sticking out the front.  I also have a brand spanking new Telstra
NextG SIM.  But that's about as far as this story goes.

Does anyone have any recent experience with the above?  Particularly
the NextG  (not bigpond etc) setup?  If I drop the sim from my iPhone
into it and reconfigure the APN all works just fine so it's something
specific with the NextG APN or related config.  Talking to Telstra
left me a little exhausted when after an hour and 7 different teams
they still asked me what sort of phone I was using .....  :(

Thanks

David