[AusNOG] Soul/TPG buying Pipe ...

James Spenceley james at vocus.com.au
Wed Nov 11 18:47:35 EST 2009

> Rather than lament what's happened (though I agree it is a sad day for the industry), I'd like to congratulate Bev and Steve on what they've done for the industry through PIPE.  As most people have pointed out, PIPE have been a very generous sponsor/supporter of the industry and it's events and an integral player in the wholesale space to ISPs and content providers.

Have to agree there, the industry got interesting *because* of Bev and Steve. There are very few companies that can't attribute at least some of their success to PIPE's peering/DF/co-lo or general chats with them both. If this is the result they wanted, good luck to them.

> Congrats on the success and have fun at the PIPE Christmas parties lined up over the next couple of weeks.  I bet someone will be letting loose ;)

It wouldn't be a PIPE christmas party without a trading halt and some big news right :-)

--
James