[AusNOG] [ISOC-AU-mems] [LINK] Happy Birthday ... AARNet

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Wed Mar 25 13:10:26 EST 2009

Sorry to prolong the history discussion but this is relevant to our
understanding

Geoff wrote

> AARNet started out as a multi-proto network - Pete Elford and I set up
> DECnet, X.25 and IP in the first instance.

Geoff then do you remember when AARNET became a single protocol IP network?
For those propagating the big I small i interpretation of internet history
in Australia (where only fully TCP/IP networks = internet) the relevant date
would be when you became a TCP/IP network?

Ian Peter
PO Box 429
Bangalow NSW 2479
Australia
Tel (+614) 1966 7772 or (+612) 6687 0773
www.ianpeter.com