[AusNOG] Bulk Movement of Sensitive Computer Equipment

Glen Turner gdt at gdt.id.au
Tue Jun 16 14:25:49 EST 2009

On 04/06/09 12:36, Tony wrote:

> ... We called mini-movers (local residential removalist)
> who sent a truck around in a couple of hours and we got the rack moved
> same day.

For metro moves of racks and similar I've found safe movers do a
good job. They are used to -- and equipped for -- handling heavy but
delicate equipment. Their usual customer base is also insistent that
they show up on time. They're used to work outside business hours.

Really, all you want is two people with a pallet mover, a covered truck
with a tailgate lift, and a great deal of care. It's the last that is
difficult to arrange and all you can really do is to try suppliers until
you find a local team which has it. The same-branded team in another
town might be completely bollocks.

--
  Glen Turner