[AusNOG] Cisco router - In Session Shaping

McDonald Richards macca at vocus.com.au
Fri Jan 16 16:39:07 EST 2009

Any L2TP termination box that supports RFC3576 (specifically Change of
Authorisation) should allow you to modify subscriber policy on-the-fly. This
would of course need to be coupled with something to detect the out of quota
usage and generate the RADIUS packet but a quick google reveals that even
freeradius supports it so any commercial one should. I think a Cisco box
requires a 12.2SB IOS as per Simon's post below (and probably an equivalent
'feature license'). NFI what version Redback/Juniper would require but you
can bet the feature will be there since the big C have it.

Macca