[AusNOG] USB-powered switch +mirror

Craig Meyers Craig.Meyers at citec.com.au
Wed Jan 7 11:21:38 EST 2009

Guys,

I hope this is appropriate question here, be gentle, first post :)

Does anyone know if there is a device available that could be powered
say buy USB port on a laptop that would have a small amount of RJ45
ethernet ports that would act as a switch, and one port being able to
mirror an ethernet port. The idea being, for it to be used for customer
site to do an on-the-spot port mirror for packet captures etc..

I've tried googling, I can find a number of usb powered 4port switches,
but nothing there for port mirroring.

Any ideas appreciated.

-- Craig Meyers