[AusNOG] Major Optus Fibre cut Sydney CBD

Narelle narellec at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 19:28:37 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Steven Lisson
<stevel at dedicatedservers.net.au> wrote:
> So when do we get told equipment is offline due to 'solar flares'?

Aaah... anyone else here remember the classic posts from Geoff Huston
to the AARNet ops list saying we didn't upgrade the pac link due to
solar flares???

I don't believe I know this at all, but I don't think Elizabeth St is
an optus data centre... it might be a fibre access node, ie a local
transmission aggregation site...

but I know nothing about Optus' network any more... just remember
something vaguely in the public domain given at a conference a few
years back...

--

Narelle
narellec at gmail.com