[AusNOG] Primus Outage explanation

Bevan Slattery Bevan.Slattery at staff.pipenetworks.com
Sun Aug 9 22:27:57 EST 2009

Just in from the Primus NOC.

[b]

Dear Customer,

The high tension fuses in the CitiPower substation feeding our Data
centre, failed late this afternoon.

We have experienced a similar issue several months ago and are in the
process of executing a plan to resolve this issue.

One of the emergency diesel generators failed to start due to a
synchronization processor failure.

Contents of the synchronization processor's register are being analysed
to ascertain the true cause of failure.

The upgrade of the CitiPower substation that is planned for this coming
weekend, will continue as previously advised.

As soon as more information is available we will provide further
updates.

In the meantime if you have any queries or need assistance please
contact your Account Manager, or the Data Centre representative
*withheld*