[AusNOG] List is now reply-to-sender

David Hughes David at Hughes.com.au
Sun Aug 9 10:16:52 EST 2009

Noel Butler wrote :
> David asks for opinions, then you and he decide on your own  "stuff
> what
> the list membership wants" (given the vast majority responding in that
> thread all supported reply-to list)..
> well good to know there no such thing as a democracy on ausnog,  thats
> my final word on it.

Hey Noel,  I must say that this and the personal note you sent me are
just wrong.  Unless you have some mysterious way to view the contents
of my inbox may I suggest that you have absolutely no idea of the
general opinion of the people who use this list.  We run this list and
the conference for the benefit of people like you and we do it based
on a combination of feedback and our own opinion (yes, we are allowed
to have an opinion too).  We put up our time and personal wealth to
underwrite all this and, really, don't want anything in return.  Just
for the industry to benefit.

But hey, thanks for the criticism.  I reckon I'll go back to preparing
the BBQ for what looks like a cracker of a Sunday afternoon here on
the Gold Coast.  Those prawns aren't going to eat themselves you know.

David