[AusNOG] Reply to list or sender ?

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Sat Aug 8 13:49:54 EST 2009

On Sat, 8 Aug 2009, Paul Foote wrote:
> +1 for keeping reply to list.
>
> If people want to reply to sender only it should be a concious
> choice. I can see alot of good replies not reaching the public
> without it, as sometimes people see a mail and immediately want to
> delve into answering rather then working the logistics of
> public/private.

Reply-to-All is that hard to use?

Changing Reply-to to be the same as the list address means that reply
and reply-to-all do the same thing which is annoying if you are in the
habit of using reply for private responses and reply-to-all for public
ones.

Although in my experience it seems that an ever increasing percentage of
email users have no idea that reply-to-all even exists, quite
frequently I end up forwarding replies sent directly to me to our
internal tech-list so that we can keep an archive.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum