[AusNOG] AusNOG-03 Programme

David Hughes david at hughes.com.au
Thu Aug 6 14:25:56 EST 2009

Hi all,

The programme for AusNOG-03 is currently being finalised and will be
made available on the web site shortly.  I'm pleased to be able to
announce the following details at this point in time.

We have 2 keynote presentations from international speakers.  Roland
Dobbins from Arbor Networks will be presenting "The Emperor's New
Cloud:  An Analysis of the RoK/USA DDoS Attacks".   Bill Manning from
ep.net will be speaking on the evolution and incompatibilities of the
internet control plane in his paper entitled "Narrow Thin Pipes".
Both Roland and Bill are regular contributors to both NANOG and the
IETF.  We are very happy to be able to attract such quality presenters.

Some of the other speakers presenting at AusNOG-03 are :

Lincoln Dale (Cisco)  -  Evolution of Ethernet  (Lossless ethernet,
FCoE etc).
Tim Nagy (Juniper) - Layer 2 Wholesale Services for the NBN
Geoff Huston (APNIC) - Just what are we doing about this IPv6
transition?
Daniel Harrison (Google) - Operational Audit Practice at Google
Paul Brooks (Vocus) - Building optical networks with WDM (without
burning your fingers)
Brett Worrall (PIPE) - The PPC-1 cable system
Guillaume Jourjon (NICTA) - Towards a P2P Set-Top-Box Energy-Efficient
Architecture

We'll provide more details both to this list and on the web site as
they are confirmed.

Thanks

David - on behalf of the organisers