[AusNOG] Fwd: [ISOC-AU-mems] ISOC-AU WELCOMES NBN APPROACH

Narelle narellec at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 18:08:28 EST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tony Hill <md at capitalconsulting.com.au>
Date: Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 5:14 PM
Subject: [ISOC-AU-mems] ISOC-AU WELCOMES NBN APPROACH
To: ISOC-AU Members Discussion List <iamems at lists.isoc-au.org.au>

For the information of ISOC-AU Members, today I issued a news release
welcoming the government's NBN announcement.  Here are the first couple
of paragraphs.  PDF is available for download from the address below.

ISOC-AU WELCOMES NBN APPROACH

The Internet Society of Australia today welcomed the approach of the
Australian Government to delivering broadband throughout Australia, as
reflected in the announcement on the National Broadband Network.

“Australia needs urgent action to modernise the state of networks and
the regulatory regime to deliver effective competition at the wholesale
and retail levels”, said Tony Hill, President of ISOC-AU.  “The
announcement of the Government's thoughtful approach to delivery of high
speed broadband promises to deliver new networks on a stable basis into
the future”.

Full text:
http://www.isoc-au.org.au/Media/ISOCAURelease20090407.pdf

PM's announcement is at:
http://www.pm.gov.au/media/Release/2009/media_release_0903.cfm

Further details:
http://www.dbcde.gov.au/communications_for_business/funding_programs__and__support/national_broadband_network

regards, Tony Hill

--

| Tony Hill                           president at isoc-au.org.au |
| President            Internet Society of Australia (ISOC-AU) |