[AusNOG] watchmy.net prefix hijacking alerting service

Macca macleonard at auscert.org.au
Mon Sep 15 12:57:23 EST 2008

G'day AusNOG,

This email came across another list that I'm on and I thought it would be of
value to this community:

--- BEGIN EMAIL ---
Hi, WatchMy.Net is a new community service to alert you when your prefix
has been hijacked, in real-time.

Following the discussion on NANOG a couple of weeks ago on what to do if
your prefix is hijacked, people mentioned that detection-wise, free
services are limited (to certain communities or by not being real-time).

The current fully public and free services will alert you with a few
hours delay.

Over labor day weekend we built a free real-time service. We invite people to
try it out during our beta stage.

Register for alerts at:
http://www.watchmy.net/

--- END EMAIL ---