[AusNOG] dial-up modem with 48v DC power option?

Stephen Davies StephenD at titan.net.au
Fri Sep 5 12:04:32 EST 2008

We don't use dialup modems for OOB management anymore.

We go for a 3G service, and there are various 3G routers which take a -48VDC supply for about $800.

While I know this is more expensive for you, by the time you consider the price different for the 3G ($15/month) to a telephone line ($39/m) you get packback in less than 2 years. What more you get nice speeds.

________________________________
Stephen Davies
Senior Consulting Engineer
Titan Recruitment & Consulting
Level 2, 16 Ord Street, West Perth WA
PO Box 1209,   West Perth   WA   6872
T:  +61 8 9322 5599 F:  +61 8 9322 9920
D: +61 8 6267 7118 M: +61 4 1998 7716
stephend at titan.net.au<mailto:stephend at titan.net.au>

[cid:image003.jpg at 01C90F3E.CAC66B40]

Information and Communication Technology
Consultancy and Engineering Services