[AusNOG] dial-up modem with 48v DC power option?

John Lindsay jlindsay at internode.com.au
Fri Sep 5 11:53:35 EST 2008

You can get DC-DC convertors that do this.

You need to be careful because exchanges are negative 48 volts
(relative to ground) whereas most of the DC converters you will find
are positive 48 volts.

For added smarts you can use a bridge rectifier to take your A and B
feeds via the AC inputs and run the converter from the negative leg of
the bridge.

I've seen this done at Nextgen to run an out of band modem....

--
John Lindsay - Carrier Relations Manager - Internode and Agile
Street: Level 3, 150 Grenfell St, Adelaide, South Australia