[AusNOG] IP KVM

Sean K. Finn Sean.Finn at ozservers.com.au
Tue Jun 24 17:34:15 EST 2008

If it's only for YOUR access, get a single port IP/KVM and hook an 8 port non-ip kvm up to it, and use key combo codes to flick between boxes 1 to 8.

I don't have any recommendations for multi-access multi-server kvm/ip boxes though, they tend to be 600$ to 1000$ per port. I'm keen to hear if anyone has any cheaper ones available though.

Even though i'd love to fully kvm-over-ip everything, I just can't justify spending 600$ per server when I can just as easily walk into server room and work on them :) I understand if its remote, but not when i have them near me.

Cheers,
Sean.