[AusNOG] OPTUS BGP Communities

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Fri Jun 20 17:43:59 EST 2008

Adrian,

The best source, usually upto date is http://www.onesc.net/communities

However, if there's a requirement for a domestic Australian one I'm
happy to try and do so.    People should just email me off list.

MMC

Adrian Chadd wrote:
> .. don't suppose people would be interested in documenting which providers
> implement which communities on a wiki page or something?
>
> I'm sure the larger providers already know whats going on and/or know who
> to ask to find out, but there's bound to be smaller providers and interested
> parties (eg, me) who would like to have this sort of stuff handy.
>

> adrian
>

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008, Sean K. Finn wrote:
>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Appears current, not sure if they use extra communities though.
>>
>> The communities listed look like they are to determine preference in case of a routing tie over which path to take to get into the Optus customers network, but so far I haven't seen any community ID's that are listed that will prevent / limit the depth of where our BGP announcement goes to geographically/continentally.
>>

>> They do appear to have state-based community tags, but is it possible to tag a single announcement with multiple BGP community ID's?
>>

>> I have a request in with the Optus guys for more specific info, haven't heard back yet one way or another though.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Sean.
>>

>>> Not sure how current this info is:
>>> http://looking-glass.optus.net.au/notes.html
>>>
>>> Gav

Matthew Moyle-Croft Internode/Agile Peering and Core Networks
Level 4, 150 Grenfell Street, Adelaide, SA 5000 Australia
Email: mmc at internode.com.au  Web: http://www.on.net
Direct: +61-8-8228-2909		    Mobile: +61-419-900-366
Reception: +61-8-8228-2999          Fax: +61-8-8235-6909