[AusNOG] outgoing spam prevention?

Marco Huggenberger marco at by-night.ch
Fri Jan 25 21:45:27 EST 2008

Hi Sam

2008/1/24, Sam Tilders <sam at australiaonline.net.au>:
> I was wondering what people on this list do to prevent otherwise
> legitimate clients from sending spam, and if they might be willing to
> provide some advice?

Open Source solution...
We had a presentation at SwiNOG#13 from Pascal Gloor about "Large
scale smtp protection" [1], there he describe the conpect of AWGL
(Advanced Weighted GreyListing), at the time pascal held this
presentation AWGL was in "beta" and he commited that a public
version/service should be available for free or at least for a "small
yearly charge". You might contact him directly and update what
happened to this project. He's at: http://www.spale.com/

Commercial solution...
Ironport ([2], part of Cisco)

Just my 2 cents