[AusNOG] outgoing spam prevention?

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Fri Jan 25 08:38:01 EST 2008

Hi Sam,

On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 00:06, Sam Tilders wrote:

> I was wondering what people on this list do to prevent otherwise
> legitimate clients from sending spam, and if they might be willing to
> provide some advice?

I've used MailScanner for over 5 years, in small corporate and national
ISP and Hosting environments, very customisable, not only links in
spamassassin etc, but also anti virus, phishing and bad file type
blocking and more, I've used amavisd and its variants, sophos and
ironport, I've never regretted dumping any and all of them for
MailScanner.

Designed mainly for and easily configured with Sendmail, Exim, works
with small effort with Qmail, and despite postfix's authors dislike of
it (prolly because he's close mates with amavisd author) it works well
with postfix as well using the 'hold' method, so if you use those MTA's
you should not have a problem.

www.mailscanner.info

---
Cheers