[AusNOG] Call for nominations to APNIC Executive Council

David J. Hughes bambi at Hughes.com.au
Sat Jan 5 11:12:45 EST 2008

All,

For quite some time I have felt that the views of the rank and file
members of the Australian Internet Industry have not been well
represented on the APNIC EC.  We have not had a representative from
an Australian service provider on the EC since Geoff Huston's last
year in 2003. I'd like to change that and ensure that Australian
issues and concerns are properly represented, particularly as we
approach the IPv4 exhaustion event.

As such I will be nominated on behalf of Melbourne IT for the
forthcoming APNIC EC elections.  I hope that you all feel that I
would be an appropriate person to represent the Australian service
provider industry in that forum.  If so, I'd appreciate support from
the AusNOG community once the election process commences in February.

Thanks

David