[AusNOG] BSA Act part 3 (Filtering)

Bevan Slattery Bevan.Slattery at staff.pipenetworks.com
Thu Jan 3 09:08:11 EST 2008

let's take bittorrent. does the list contain the URI of the torrent and
then
the software blocks the tracker and/or the peer IPs? are you going to
have
to crawl thepiratebay and download everything in order to identify which
torrents are seeding "objectionable" content?

This list can contain anything.  I think the simple rule is that if it
can be identified it can pretty much be blocked.  However, like I said
in my very first email on this, just because you can technically block
it, we all know and understand that practically it's impossible to do so
with so much content being generated.

Cheers

[b]